Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Adventure with Friendship Bracelets

I was planning on doing a friendship bracelet tutorial using the pattern that I used. But after my four fatal attempts, I realized why I never liked to make friendship bracelets. 

My first 3 attempts ended in one of the strings ripping or me getting extremely frustrated. My fourth attempt produced a friendship bracelet. Yay! It will definitely be going in my shoebox. Here's how I did it.

I found this tutorial and it seemed somewhat easy... until i started doing it. After 3 attempts, I decided to cut the number of stings down from 8 to 6, which helped a lot. It made it go by quicker, and still gave the same effect, without being as confusing. I finally got the patter in about the last four rows, but I think I'll be giving it another shot. It took me about 2 and a half hours to make. Although it looks absolutely horrible, I think its still nice and I hope it will make a shoebox child's day a little brighter. 

Smiles from Shoeboxes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment